Wednesday, May 22, 2013

LOCAL BUSINESS PROMOTION: The Fire Pit

I am a frequent of Bocconi on Essex Street, for weeks I have been saying that I needed to try the new restaurant, The Fire Pit, that is right next door at 357 Essex Street.

Last week, I took my mother out for dinner and we stopped in for a quick bite, I am glad that we did.  I ordered a Chicken and Ribs combo, before my mother could place her order the waiter informed that the food was more than enough for two.  It sure was.  Though the amount of food in the order was not disclosed on the menu, the meal came with half a two pound chicken, eight pork ribs, french fries and rice.  It was a true delight, and only $15!


Unlike traditional American Barbecue that we are used to, the chicken and ribs were not greasy and doused in sauce.  This Portuguese barbecue was seasoned in dry rubs.  The meat fell off the bone, was tender, and a true delight.  For those of you that like the greasy sauce, have no fear, the barbecue and buffalo sauce were available at the table.  

The fries were fresh cut potato, not frozen, and fried in shortening not oil.  They were not greasy and were seasoned just right.  We were very surprised by the lack of grease and actually commented that it tasted almost as though the fries were baked.  

The only draw back--no cole slaw.  I would have loved a pulled pork sandwich but not without the slaw!

All in all, I give The Fire Pit two big thumbs up for a quick bite on the cheap, I will definitely go back! And they deliver too.

11 comments:

  1. I went here ages ago, and was really pleased. Fast and courteous service, and great food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they have an outdoor fire pit? I love the designs that you can get around them, they look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! This post could not be written any better!Looking through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!He continually kept preaching about this. I'll send this information to him. Pretty sure he will have a great read. Thanks for sharing!
    seo service in indore

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always made this because I am Portuguese from Portugal (Not brazil). It is so much better and more healthy than here in America with BBQ and grease. I hate cole slaw because its America and mayonnaise style isnt healthy.

    Anyway, Portuguese French Fries (Baked and can used Extra Virgin Olive Oil for favor and very healthy) as well as ribs are so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on this topic. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him. So I should thank you for the free lunch I got.

    Wie bekomme ich eine Lizenz? & Lizenzprodukt(e)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great detailed information, I ll be visiting you more frequently, here is very interesting information.

    Développement marque sous licence & Agence de merchandising

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the content on this site. Would like to visit again.

    img & Diventare Licenziatario

    ReplyDelete
  8. Articles and content in this section of the website are really amazing. Great ideas indeed! I will surely keep this in my mind!

    Fashion Licensing & Become a Licensee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one, you people who are really concerned about their business and business advertisements then you must checkout the free online ads sites to get the proper market share and customers review to maintain good health of your business.
    Regards:
    http://buysellcart.in

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post will be very useful to us.I like your blog and helpful to me.nice thoughts for your great work.

    Développement marque sous licence (e) & Agence de merchandising

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it Smile I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    Développement marque sous licence & Agence de merchandising

    ReplyDelete