With the assistance of local charitable organizations, this event has continued to grow. Today, more than 200 were provided with a hot meal.
|Michele Hart-Loughin, Michael Loughlin, Susin Christador, and John McCarthy|
For the past several years, the Hackensack Rotary has been the lead sponsor of this annual luncheon which is held at the Christ Church on State Street. Organizing this annual event, however, is no small feat:
- Judy Banes of the On Our Own Self Help Center (179 Main Street) spreads the word to those in need.
- Lou Knaub, a Teaneck Rotarian and Churchwarden for the Christ Church, arranges for the use of the church hall.
- Meals are provided by the Hackensack Rotary.
- The Hackensack Golf Club assisted with the donation of hams.
- Members of the Hackensack Rotary, their families, and many local volunteers serve meals.
- More than a dozen local volunteers assemble, instruments in hand, to provide entertainment.
- Michele, Susin, and John prepare and coordinate the service of each meal.
Rotary is a worldwide organization of more than 1.2 million business, professional, and community leaders. Members of Rotary clubs, known as Rotarians, provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
There are 33,000 Rotary clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas. Clubs are nonpolitical, nonreligious, and open to all cultures, races, and creeds. The Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation supported solely by voluntary contributions from Rotarians and friends of the Foundation who share its vision of a better world.
Anyone interested in joining is encouraged to contact Sharon Bregman @ firstname.lastname@example.org.